How does your gender factor in to your future plans?
I think gender will always factor in my future plans; wether it be a year, five or more.
Reflecting back on my 30-something years I can see gender clearly:
– pronounced ‘female’ at birth
– called a tomboy in kindergarden
– thought I was a boy in primary school
– enjoyed dressing in pretty pink dresses as much as I scraped my knees in the playground
– questioned why I grew breasts
– discovered the word ‘lesbian’ in high school
– developed crushes on butch lesbians and androgynous men
– dabbled in the drag king scene in the late 90’s
– uncovered the term ‘transgender’ with the Y2K bug
– started reading about hormones and transitioning in my mid twenties
– began exploring and questioning my own gender in 2008
– bought my first binder and outed myself as genderqueer in a friend’s book 2.7yrs ago
– got my first T shot just over one year ago in June